Monday, April 23, 2012

It's all in the hands of God. And that's where I'll leave it.

Feeling a little lost right now. Hope that's okay.
Though, I don't think lost is the right word. Because I know that no matter what happens, everything is going to be okay and work out exactly how it's supposed to.
I know that.
I guess it's just the what ifs.
The not knowing.
That gets to me sometimes.
Which I guess just comes with the territory of being a freaking worry wart. Maybe someday soon I'll find that balance between caring too much and not enough.
Sam helps me with that, the worrying.
You know how some people say that there isn't just one person out there for you? That there's more than one person that could be meant for you? Well, I used to think that was true. But now I know it's not.
I used to not believe in soul mates. Made fun of the idea, even.
But not anymore.
Those places I lack, he has in abundance.
We complement each other in the way that we're just better together.
I wonder what I did before I met him. Because I sure as heck can't imagine my life without him now.
He's my best friend. My rock.
My one and only.
Maybe this all seems very naive and dumb and young.
But what can I say? Sometimes you just know.
And I know.
I feel it when he voices my thoughts, just before I'm about to open my mouth to speak, and puts it in the exact way I wanted to but didn't know how.
When we dance together in his kitchen to the Black Keys and he twirls me perfectly.
When we're at a red light and I can't help but look at him. And he feels my eyes on him, so he looks back. So we just sit there, watching each other. Speaking a thousand things without saying a word.
When he plays me "The Scientist" on the piano, just because he knows it's my song for him.
And when I get up to leave and he's waiting by my shoes, to put them on for me. To kiss my feet.
I know God brought me him. And he is such a blessing, such a gift.
I just can't imagine what I ever did to deserve something so wonderful.
But I guess that's not how God works.

No comments:

Post a Comment