Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Together, we'll live under the persimmon tree.

The persimmon tree in our backyard. The one that's ours.
The persimmon tree we'll lean against and gaze through the gaps and spaces between the twisting knots of branches up towards the sky.
The one our children will climb, that will teach them that even in a world that's warped and jacked up there are beautiful things worthy of being discovered.
There are chunks of sky still worth grasping at, there is fruit worth tasting.
My love, I want our children to learn to climb high. To never stop exploring.
I want them to never stop looking for wonder, even in these ceaselessly trying times.
I just want us to always know that life is worth it.
I want us to teach them that the few-and-far-between miracles of existence that steal your breath away are enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment