I tried to google "places to visit that have the best rain" but the internet didn't understand me. It kept thinking I meant I wanted to travel to the rainforest. NO.
I'm allllmost done with the massive load of end-of-the-semester-crap-that-sucks that I have to do before finals week. I have one last, huge paper I should be starting/working on right now. But...but no.
Current jam: My Head is an Animal by Of Monsters and Men. The whole album is glorious. It makes me want to play in the woods like a child.
Current polish: Diamonds and Rubies on my toes, a gorgeous and very bright red. Black Diamonds (still in progress) on my fingers, a rich, shimmery black. Yes, they're both from the same Sally Hansen collection, I'm sure you were wondering.
All I want for Christmas is contacts. Preferably ones that help me see better at night so I don't almost crash and die because I can't read the street sign and don't realize that I'm almost passing my turn and have to screech over to make it.
Also, a haircut would be cool.
And maybe some new canvases and paint and brushes and stuff, but I won't push it.
My mom lost her job last week.
It's scary, but also not. I just try not to think about it.
I do really want to get a second job for when I'm at school, to try and help out a little.
I mostly just really want health insurance again. Is that weird? It kind of really scares me to not have it.
I went to one of my favorite places of all time yesterday, Barnes and Noble. And it was one of my favorites of my favorite, the Barnes and Noble by William and Mary.
It has an escalator inside, which makes me so happy for some reason. I could spend days in there.
In the travel section, in front of the magazine rack, in medicine, in biography, in young adult fiction. EVERYTHING, ALL OF IT.
There was something else I was going to say, and I've been sitting here for the past ten minutes trying to remember what it was, but I seriously can't remember.
So, here, a list.
Things I've Learned Over My First Semester of Real College:
-I am not a Calvinist. I do not and cannot agree with predestination.
-I might maybe go for my Master's degree. Maybe in art therapy or something. Eastern Virginia Medical School is pretty cool and has a legit program I must say I'm interested in.
-Soup counts as a meal when you're broke.
-New nail polish is for people with money.
-Messy bun Mondays are fun. And there are lots of ways to do a messy bun.
-I love painting. I'd forgotten, but I remember again. I love it so much.
-Watching whole seasons of Hey, Arnold! and As Told by Ginger during midterms week/finals week/when you're trying to avoid pressing responsibilities in general is a great idea.
-I suck at un-fun writing. And research.
-The human body is fascinating and kind of disgusting.
-My Little Pony anything makes absolutely everything better.
-Wedding blogs are the ultimate time/productivity vortex.
G'night.
No comments:
Post a Comment