Tuesday, September 10, 2013

'Sup.

So, I'm probably going to be starting up a different blog soon. One more adult-like and less filled with my random ramblings. Since I'm really wanting to start breaking into the writing business however I can, it's probably going to be a blog where I review different things: books, video games, that sort of stuff. It's my dream to write novels, of course, but I've been finding out that one way to get your feet wet is by showing people you have something worthwhile to say about someone else's work. Slash, it also just sounds like fun. So.

In other news... I GOT ENGAGED.
I wasn't going to put that in all caps, but if I didn't it just looked too nonchalant and like I didn't care. And I definitely do. But I'm also not, like, all weepy-excited either. I didn't feel any of the things our culture ingrains into us that we're supposed to feel when we're getting married. I didn't cry when he proposed to me. I didn't cry when I found the dress. Nope.
You know what's funny, though? It was at the most random moment that I DID cry. We were at the mall, eating Chick fil a in the food court, and I noticed him looking at me. And so I looked back at him and he looked at me even more, only with all this love and gentleness in his eyes. And then I started crying. I've NEVER cried from happiness before I met him, but he seems to be able to make me do it all the time.

About the whole getting married at twenty and while I'm still in school thing? I know. I know it doesn't make any sense and you probably think it's a dumb idea. Heck, it probably is. But sometimes, and these times are very few and far between, the path that makes the least amount of sense is the path you need to go on. I've been with Sam for almost two years. (Gosh, I can't believe it's almost been two whole years.) We know we are who we want to be with, if that makes sense. So, why wait around? For what? For us to have more money? Okay, WHEN does anyone ever have enough money? For him to land that dream job? It will happen in God's perfect timing. But that doesn't mean we should pause life until then and stay in this horrible limbo of wanting to be married but not married. Trust me, it SUCKS. Guys, seriously, if you're with the person you know you want to marry, don't drag it out. There's no reason for it. Don't listen to everyone else who says you have to be in your late 20's and have had at least two European love affairs before you can "settle down." Get married. If you're with the person meant for you, why would you even CARE about all the other people you haven't tried out? That's just stupid.
Okay, sorry, excuse my rant. But really, though.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm marrying Sam because it's what's right for me. He's my best friend and my strongest ally. I just like doing life with him so much better and I don't ever want to say good bye to him anymore. I want to spend every single day of my life with him and so we're getting married at the end of 2013. And, yes, I will finish school. I'll be switching to Regent's online program and I'll be done in a little over a year.
After that, I don't really know. It depends on where Sam lands an engineering job. We really, REALLY want to move up North, though. Either on the East Coast or West, but I'm hoping for West. Northern California, in particular. I just want to write books for a living and paint. I want a house with an emerald green front door and a pool in the backyard. I want a persimmon tree and a garden filled with sunflowers. I also just really want to learn a couple languages and travel extensively. That's so important to me. I feel so restless when I think about how much of the world there is to see. Also, lately a new dream has been placed on my heart to start my own nonprofit organization. I've always been interested in medicine, particularly public health, but just unable to do the doctor thing. But maybe my organization could do something with medicine and Jesus. Evangelism, I feel, is much more effective when you bring something to meet their very real physical needs along with their spiritual needs. It's a hurting world and they need tangible help along with the Gospel. So, we'll see what happens with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment