Saturday, August 14, 2010

But, summer, you've only just arrived!

Oyy.
How is it August already? It feels like summer just got here...and yet it's practically over. And I haven't really done much of anything. I hate this feeling of waste. This has definitely been a dud of a summer. Not nearly as many adventures as I'd hoped.
Here's some of the stuff I did:
(Not in any particular order)
-Read like a billion books, none of them actually on the school's reading list. (so now I have 3 weeks to read the ones that I'm supposed to..ehh, no problem)
-Weenie-sat an adorable dachsund named Maddie :)
-Had a banana suit adventure
-Saw Inception (In.Cred.Ible.)
-Thought about college and scholarships
-Stressed about college and scholarships
-Hung out with my best friend and had some hilarious times (Mailbox!!!!)
-Decided I really want to start skateboarding again
-Didn't not not study for the SAT....
There's tons more, but not really as much as I would've liked.

So, anyway. Senior year starts in three weeks and I'm excited/nervous.
Excited: It's finally here, after all these years! It feels like just yesterday that I was a scared little freshman, and yet here I am at the top of the food chain! It doesn't seem real.
Nervous: Applying to colleges, scholarships, FAFSA, all this stuff that always seemed so far off is right here now. It's just kind of intimidating...and overwhelming.
But I know the good outweighs the not so good, and I know that this year is going to fly by. So even though I'm sad to see the close of this seemingly-wasted summer, let's go, senior year. Bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment