Thursday, October 6, 2011

I just remembered something worth writing down.

It was still early in the summer. Maybe the beginning of July. I remember I'd been skateboarding with Shannon all afternoon because it was one of the days she had off from work. Okay, okay, I'd been skateboarding. Shannon had been, well, trying. (LOVE YOUUUU lol :D)
So anyway, I came home, exhausted and starving but too lazy to come up with something to eat. So instead, I got on Facebook and wasted a few minutes messing around on there. Then, my brother came home. He came in through the garage door, which is right by the office so, of course, I looked up and said hi. He says hey and then holds up a bag. McDonald's. He says, "Do you want this? You can have it. I can't eat it." I'm like, "sure..?!" completely taken off guard.
So he hands it to me and I open it and WHAT is inside of it but a 20 piece chicken nugget meal WITH fries. I LOVE CHICKEN NUGGETS. I was for real so moved by his kindness, I almost wanted to cry. For him to just...just give me something. It made me happier than he will ever know or understand.
It seems so silly. But. That little, random hand-out was the most my brother had said to me in five years.

No comments:

Post a Comment