To never stop looking at you like it's the very first time I'm laying eyes on you.
To always be your safe place to land.
To always keep that balance between butting heads and letting you have your way.
That you'll always get your way.
I promise to never stop thinking you're a masterpiece.
A work of art, all of you.
The backs of your hands.
Your jaw line.
The way you furrow your eyebrows when you're absorbing some bit of information.
I promise to never stop singing you Coldplay lyrics.
To always listen to you, encourage you, believe in you.
To always see that greatness within you, even and especially when you can't.
I love the way you hold the steering wheel.
The way you drag your feet exactly like I do.
The way you crack up at the same dumb stuff as me.
I love your wit.
The sharp, unapologetic way you challenge me and make me want to be better.
Your tenderness.
Thank you for finally convincing me that I'm safe.
That you'll never let anyone or anything hurt me.
Thank you for being that constant, stable rock I can cling to in the midst of
a thrashing sea.
Thank you for being you. And loving that I exist and I'm me.
I couldn't have dreamed of anything better.
PS: They say Rome is lovely in the fall.
No comments:
Post a Comment