Monday, October 22, 2012

Alright.

Lord, I'm asking You to do this.
I'm asking You right now even though I know it's going to suck really, really bad, maybe for a long time. But it needs to be done. It's been way too long of a time coming.
Lord, will You take away all the fear in my heart? Every bit of it. Fear of man, fear of disaster, fear of loss, fear of failure. All of it, Lord, take it all away. I will not fear anything anymore.
Lord, will You humble me? Do everything that needs to be done. Strip me of everything that's tinged with pride, that thinks that I can do something that's worth anything to You on my own. It hurts. It's already happening and it hurts really bad, but keeping going, Lord. Don't stop.
Lord, will You forgive me? Forgive me for when I've lost focus, when my gaze was shifted from You. Forgive me for not being able to believe that You love me. Forgive me for thinking I need to be good enough for You to accept me. I'm a fool if I think for one second that I can do anything to make me worthy of your love and forgiveness. It doesn't work like that. I was stupid for thinking that was even possible to do.
Please help this to go away. Let this get better. And make this pain, this aching go away.
Help me forgive myself.

Protect me. Keep me. Lead me. Speak to me.
Thank You for never leaving me and thank You that You're here in this. Getting me, us, through. Thank You that You are the strength we so badly need and Your way is best. Make a way for it to all work. Thank You that You will complete what You started.
"Though the Lord is great, He cares for the humble, but He keeps His distance from the proud. Though I am surrounded by troubles, You will protect me from the anger of my enemies. You reach out Your hand, and the power of Your right hand saves me. The Lord will work out His plans for my life---for Your faithful love, O Lord, endures forever. Don't abandon me, for You made me." Psalm 138:6-8

No comments:

Post a Comment