Sunday, October 7, 2012

I wrote this when I was seventeen years old, almost three years ago.

Lord, I'm so sick of looking.
I'm done with scanning the crowd for him.
I'm through following after shadows.
My focus is on You.
And as I'm looking up, he will catch me by surprise.
I want to be pursued.
I want to be found.
God, I'm done chasing after something fake.
I want to be searched after.
Captivated.
I don't have to do anything.
He will find me.
All I have to do is look at You.
I'm tired of searching.
I want to be pursued.
And found.

Here's what I want, God:
A leader.
Someone hilarious, goofy, and wonderfully random,
Someone who can be serious, too...
A man after Your heart, a David, a warrior for You.
A best friend.
To be romanced.
A lover.
Someone gentle and strong.

Please, let him find me soon.
I trust You.

(I posted this not because anything that I wrote was particularly moving, but because this truly was my heart at seventeen. And I love what God worked on in me, what He's still working on in me, and how he brought this man to me a year and a half later. He heard me. He loves me and He gave me a man with all of this and so, so much more. He knew what I needed better than I did.)

No comments:

Post a Comment