So. I'm deleting my facebook within the next few days. I've already saved all precious pictures from my profile to my computer. I've posted an official announcement in my status. It's happening.
Facebook's just getting really lame. And, I mean, it's not that I don't like change. Change can be a good thing. But I'm also a paranoid kind of girl. And the stalker-ish-ness of the new Facebook is just really starting to creep me the heck out. And it's just going to get worse. So I'm leaving. Permanently. I really hope Facebook dumps all my information because that's just really creepy if they keep it. The "big brother's watching" feeling I have is bad enough now, what if I delete it and I'm still not free? Okay, chill.
I'm sure I'll be fine. In every regard. I mean, everybody was just fine before Facebook came along, and Myspace before that. The way I see it, the people that want to stay in my life are going to make the effort. I have a cell phone. Call me, text me, if you want to do something. And I have this blog for anybody who cares about my life.
I know I'm going to miss it. I love being connected to those people I don't get to see all the time. And, in a way, I feel like I'm deleting a part of my life. But I know I'll be okay.
And, who knows? Maybe I'll try Twitter one of these days.
No comments:
Post a Comment