My mom had a corneal transplant two days ago and is on bed rest for the next ten days, doctor's orders. She's doing fine, it's just she can't DO anything. It's so weird, being the one taking care of her. The roles are reversed. I went grocery shopping for my family so we'd actually have food to eat. It was weird. I felt like such a mom. It made me realize how you never actually consciously grow up and get all responsible, it just happens. Sneaks up on you. It hit me how much stronger I've become over these past few years, how much I can handle. Thank You, God.
I went back to visit my old high school today. I hadn't planned on it, it just happened. I got off work around 11 and realized I needed to request my high school transcripts be sent to Liberty like PRONTO. So I got that taken care of and also just got to visit with people. Awesome teachers, some friends in grades below me. It was SO GOOD to see all of them. I was so encouraged by some of my teachers. They really just brightened my day with how much they care about my life and what happens to me. It means so much, seriously. The only awkward part about visiting would be when people were like, "So how's school going? Where are you at again?" and I would have to explain the whole Regent/Thomas Nelson thing and how I'm just working right now. But they love that I'm starting Liberty in January. They all said it would be such a great fit for me. I agree, I really do.
Also. I want fall. I'm tired of it being a little tease and playing hard to get. GET HERE. I want scarves and sweaters and chilliness. I wanna carve pumpkins and see the leaves change. I want it. The romantic-ness of it, the melancholia.
No comments:
Post a Comment