Friday, September 16, 2011

Who are these people that show up in my dreams?

I had a dream last night/early this morning that I was really, really sick and no one could figure out what was wrong with me. I was having these unspeakably horrible headaches that would NOT go away. Like, even though it was a dream, I could feel them, like a thousand knives in my brain. I was really scared of what the doctor would say, but trying to put on a brave face for my family. But here’s where it gets weird and awesome and beautiful. This is why I’m blogging about it, to write it all down so I won’t forget it. I was waiting to be seen by the doctor, my mom was in the examination room with me and for some reason my brother was in there too. When the doctor walked in, I was struck by how staggeringly handsome, kind, and young he looked. He had to be at least 26 or so to be a resident, he was tall and muscular with this crazy blonde curly hair that just worked on him. And his eyes. They were so light and dazzling. I'd never seen eyes like his. He was, well, beautiful. So of course, I began to feel even more nervous, but for different reasons. When he shook my hand and introduced himself, he held on to it for a long time and leaned over and kissed my cheek. For some reason, it didn’t seem weird. Then he asked me a bunch of questions. Apparently in the dream, I’d just returned from a mission trip to somewhere in Africa. He asked if the headaches started while I was there, I told him yes.
His eyes were so kind and concerned and beautiful as he leaned in close to me and told me he was going to pray for me for a few minutes. I said okay and he took my hands. I don’t remember what he said in the prayer, but after it was done he explained what was causing my headaches. He told me someone, a witchdoctor maybe, had put a curse on me while I was in Africa. I remember, in my dream, I felt scared and shut my eyes, and in my mind’s eye I saw this ugly, scary-looking mask and realized that this young doctor was right. My hands began to tremble a little and he squeezed them tight, told me the curse was gone now, that it’s been prayed off of me. That’s when I noticed my headaches were gone.
I was so happy I wanted to cry, but instead I hugged this man for a long time, just thanking him over and over. He told me he wasn’t the one to thank. It was so weird, I can’t even explain it. But it was like then, I knew, just knew, I was going to marry him.
And then I woke up. It was such a vivid dream and I didn’t want it to end. All I’m wondering now is if this guy really exists? I hope so. I really do.

No comments:

Post a Comment